My Issues With Closers

Miia

Here I explain the issues I have with the gearing process for Closers. I would post this in the fan-media section but I think this is something that can't just be ignored. Things has simply become too easy. Creating a character from scratch, you could get them to 40 - 50m within a span of 2 to 3 weeks - even the base end game equipment... It's great to get benefits but it becomes a point and time where it's too much. The new patch of Gatewave v2 posted in Off-topic doesn't make things any better, either. This means more black marketable materials.

Please keep in mind that I mention the word: Purchasing a lot. This is referring to every player in the server that can buy things off of the black market or discord. Players can simply grind their way to purchase the main source material: Elixirs. Those are what really makes us skip the gearing process.

Edited by Miia

To add on to your point, for those who will come by and see this video, a lot of the stuff that she's talking about now didn't used to always be like this. A lot of the stuff that is now sellable in black market that come from the passes and events used to not be available like they are now.

And this would be how the items get their value. 

- Fortifiers (aka vaccines)

- Transcendental Elixirs (aka tsps)

- Shape Memory Devices

- Chip Protectors

Events used to be a time where you could get items that will help your progression. Because some things are tradeable or sellable, people will abuse this by making alt accounts and stacking items in order to sell them later for money, much like she mentioned in the video.

The jump event. I agree. There were a lot of reasons why C:C was originally against jump events, but people begged for them so much and they finally got what they wanted. Look at what they're doing with the jump events. You watched the video, go right back to the point in the video where she mentioned that people were making alt accounts just to jump the character that they want.

How easy it is now to just buy gear. I agree. I am also a whale, but I also grind. I like playing this game, so I like spending on the game. What do I spend on? Strengthening my gear and pulling gacha. What am I known for? Carrying. What about the FK gear, did you buy it? Yes, for 8b, to prepare for when I return, to set it up, then finish my FK gear, and then take my ass right back to carrying. BK? Dumped 7b on a guardian core when it first came out, and then took that same core and carried everyone else. MK? Bought the core, dropped one module, then bought the other module, then took that gear and helped carry everyone else. Asmo? Same as MK, I dropped and bought gear, then took that gear and carried everyone else. Gate Wave? I was there when it first came out so I grinded and bought material. Ash and Dust trinkets? Grinded and bought material. 

The main reason why I gear is to carry. 

Keep the dungeons challenging? I agree. When Abyss first came out, I was one of the people who were excited about the content because the actual reason why Abyss exists was for the custom content to be challenging. This was before we got Conquest and New Seoul. I was excited about Conquest too because I heard that it was challenging. I played during the BB Era. I mostly self taught myself the raid and solo'd. You want to know how long it took me to finish the whole raid? Over an hour. And as time went by, about an hour, then 40 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 16 minutes as I got stronger and stronger. I liked doing the raid so much that I even purposely nerfed myself to 2-3m just to do the raid for practice. Not everyone is like me but I like challenging stuff.

Also, the gearing process. I agree.

I am aware that not everyone is like me and have the same intention that I have to gear up.

To wrap up my post, I pretty much agree with what is said in the video. Sorry if this feels rather short, I've already said a lot of my opinions about this issue in my own thread, but I agree with her perspective as well.

If you want to read:

https://union.codeclosers.to/index.php?/topic/1852-hear-me-out/

Edited by Chiharu
4am and typing fr fr. What is English.

I have an idea of having materials like TSP in future events and as well as the credit burner. Stop making the TSP's black marketable or tradeable so players don't exploit these materials with alternate accounts (includes lvl boost) - it's still possible to quickly get them to 30m, ask for a carry certain dungeons/raids and just reserve the stuff on BM, give to the original ACC, or sell to others. This same thing applies to any kind of material that you get - maybe not make it happen to the materials with flame king and the rest of the content now since it wouldn't be fair for those that didn't get to experience it but instead change it in the future content like gatewave v2 posted in off-topic to prevent all of this skipping - make players actually play the game.

I've made some suggestions about this in the past like creating dungeons that actually require you to have a certain amount of TCP. Let's say your character is 8m but you want to enter a 10m dungeon, you can't until you end up reaching 10 million combat power. Now... as much as I'd want this to come to life, it wouldn't work for many reasons. Due to the game already going so far without doing this, it would be unfair for those who are nowhere near 50m+ as anyone higher up wouldn't have to worry about those entries. I was hoping that maybe future dungeons instead should require you to have a certain amount if possible - that would require a lot of work though and would probably even break the game...

Another one I was thinking of is possibly creating custom dungeons that could change the game around for players across the server. I'm not exactly sure how this would be pulled off but it sounds good on paper.

If there were different alternatives, I'm pretty sure the time spent online for each person would obviously be longer since everyone has to do their part on the grind.

Edited by Miia

12 hours ago, Miia said:

I have an idea of having materials like TSP in future events and as well as the credit burner. Stop making the TSP's black marketable or tradeable so players don't exploit these materials with alternate accounts (includes lvl boost) - it's still possible to quickly get them to 30m, ask for a carry certain dungeons/raids and just reserve the stuff on BM, give to the original ACC, or sell to others. This same thing applies to any kind of material that you get - maybe not make it happen to the materials with flame king and the rest of the content now since it wouldn't be fair for those that didn't get to experience it but instead change it in the future content like gatewave v2 posted in off-topic to prevent all of this skipping - make players actually play the game.

I've made some suggestions about this in the past like creating dungeons that actually require you to have a certain amount of TCP. Let's say your character is 8m but you want to enter a 10m dungeon, you can't until you end up reaching 10 million combat power. Now... as much as I'd want this to come to life, it wouldn't work for many reasons. Due to the game already going so far without doing this, it would be unfair for those who are nowhere near 50m+ as anyone higher up wouldn't have to worry about those entries. I was hoping that maybe future dungeons instead should require you to have a certain amount if possible - that would require a lot of work though and would probably even break the game...

Another one I was thinking of is possibly creating custom dungeons that could change the game around for players across the server. I'm not exactly sure how this would be pulled off but it sounds good on paper.

If there were different alternatives, I'm pretty sure the time spent online for each person would obviously be longer since everyone has to do their part on the grind.

I agree. There was a player named Caetho who used to give the staff feedback because he was worried about the economy before he quit in 2019. He even mentioned that some of the stuff that is bankshareable or tradeable during events can get abused and that it would be a bad idea to make them easily available. A lot of people did not like him for his suggestion on the hell mods during one event. One staff member thought he didn't play the game, even though he used to be one of the most dedicated players in Closers. He quit shortly after because the game wasn't fun anymore and he lost hope. 

What items? The same items that both me and Miia mentioned and what she just mentioned in her first paragraph. 

It turns out that he was actually right about a lot of things, and it's not just about making sure that the economy break anymore too. It's because things are getting out of hand, including the red gear.

The rest of the second post, I agree. This is why Nightmare Bearland and Abyss, C:C custom content, was created. Nightmare Bearland was created for something to challenge people when it first came out and then reward you by introducing you to a new type of amplifier PNA that's better than the normal Amplifier PNA. You had to be a certain tcp before you could clear it and then when the newer players came along, you told them that to have certain gear in order to play it. Abyss was created for the same thing - for something challenging. They even went as far as to create levels or stages for the current bosses that we have and create tiers of 3 levels. If you're able to beat level 7 and obtain Tier 3 material, you can get the Abyss PNA gene that either gives you damage or gives you more speed. Each level, you had to actually gear your character up in order to actually beat each level. Yes, this actually did encourage people to get stronger because there was something to grind. It would help if we had dungeons that would encourage people to actually gear up in order to clear, much like she's trying to say.

The custom content alone is why I appreciate C:C staff, as well as the changes that they've made. They even made sure to keep Wargames the way it is so that we can have a dungeon where we can test our skills if a training room isn't enough to satisfy us and for us to have something to do.

Edited by Chiharu
4am and typing is...fun-

• 5 weeks later...

Closers is an engaging game, but my main gripes include server instability affecting gameplay and frequent updates disrupting progress. The in-game economy also feels unbalanced, making it challenging to acquire essential items without spending real money. Additionally, the lack of diverse character customization options limits personalization. Despite these issues, the fast-paced combat and unique characters keep me hooked, hoping for improvements in future updates.