returning player with noob questions...

gamer0

hello, so I was wondering on whether i should play code closer or global. I used to play on EME then i quit because i felt it's too much to handle, everywhere u look they're asking u to drop a huge amount of money so i felt demotivated and quit it. Now i saw code closer on youtube and wanna try the game again but not sure if CC will bring me more enjoyment then EME/global. so here's my questions:

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global?

2- is the CC alive and active?

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo....

4-is the market healthy or the prices are sky rocket?

5- now for the cliche question: is the server not going to be taken down anytime soon?

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it. could someone help me with a video or pictures explaining to me dodging. like there are i frame/combat dodge and etc....

lastly, thank u very much and sorry if my post/questions are long and boring lol.

have a nice day everyone!

20 minutes ago, gamer0 said:

hello, so I was wondering on whether i should play code closer or global. I used to play on EME then i quit because i felt it's too much to handle, everywhere u look they're asking u to drop a huge amount of money so i felt demotivated and quit it. Now i saw code closer on youtube and wanna try the game again but not sure if CC will bring me more enjoyment then EME/global. so here's my questions:

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global?

Nope! We get many benefits - I recommend to make alternate characters as well

Yup! We have a small player base but that's pretty much a given since it's considered to be a private server.

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo....

Yup! Just gotta be patient

It really depends - it's why we use code:Closers discord server or the network devices instead (or global chat)

5- now for the cliche question: is the server not going to be taken down anytime soon?

No, not at all

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it.

Honestly, I'm not sure about a pop up icon (would be embarrassing if I've never seen this after playing for 3 years) Some bosses require i-frame, others require you to dodge. You'll figure that out along the way. I'd record it but I'm currently working on other things related to videos xD...

Edited by Miia

this is more for personal experience, so what I say will not be exactly accurate. 

CC is fairly easy to progress in, and as a new player it would make it easier right now.

Would be hard to say if CC is alive and active, there are plenty of players normally on so it ain't so dead looking. Find a group to fit in and it is not so bad.

Pretty soloable just understand battle patterns and you will be fine. Other than it might take a lil long if you lack decent gear on whatever you are doing. 

Market is pretty decent assuming you aren't looking on the black market in game, they purposely up the price a bit on there. Though if you look for it on megaphones or discord it will be cheaper (maybe). In terms of costumes, they aren't expensive (assuming you aren't looking for rattus or bai costumes) 

This was a question that was asked for a bit when void shut down. Has been assured by Harpy/staff that CC will not shut down or if anything anytime soon.

Not exactly sure what you mean by icons, but dodging usually is just gained through experience in whatever you are doing you usually just time it through muscle memory lol. Though if you need more help through that I think Chiharu has some videos that could help with that? She has a whole post called OnlyClowns with a bunch of videos or even her youtube that you can check out

Edited by Beaniie

4 minutes ago, Miia said:

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global?

Nope!

Yup!

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo....

Yup! Just gotta be patient

It really depends - it's why we use code:Closers discord server or the network devices instead (or global chat)

No, not at all

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it.

Honestly, I'm not sure about a pop up icon (would be embarrassing if I've never seen this after playing for 3 years) Some bosses require i-frame, others require you to dodge. You'll figure that out along the way. I'd record it but I'm currently working on other things related to videos xD...

thank u for taking ur time to answer my concerns.

also, are the story quests easy to progress without raid gear? like let's say  i received a gear drop from a story quest dungeon. are the drops good enough to finish a specific chapter quests?

4 minutes ago, Beaniie said:

this is more for personal experience, so what I say will not be exactly accurate. 

CC is fairly easy to progress in, and as a new player it would make it easier right now. Would be hard to say if CC is alive and active, there are plenty of players normally on so it ain't so dead looking. Find a group to fit in and it is not so bad.

Pretty soloable just understand battle patterns and you will be fine. Other than it might take a lil long if you lack decent gear on whatever you are doing. 

Market is pretty decent assuming you aren't looking on the black market in game, they purposely up the price a bit on there. Though if you look for it on megaphones or discord it will be cheaper (maybe). In terms of costumes, they aren't expensive (assuming you aren't looking for rattus or bai costumes) 

This was a question that was asked for a bit when void shut down. Has been assured by Harpy/staff that CC will not shut down or if anything anytime soon. 

Also for the guides you are talking bout you can check out Chiharu's guides she got lots

thank u! i'll check his/her guide. and from ur answer i guess this server is pretty much more fun to play.

3 minutes ago, gamer0 said:

also, are the story quests easy to progress without raid gear? like let's say  i received a gear drop from a story quest dungeon. are the drops good enough to finish a specific chapter quests?

you should pretty much clear story quests okay with just the stuff dropped from the quests, Purification is where you usually start gearing, which is I think after most story quests? So it should be fine

Edited by Beaniie

3 minutes ago, gamer0 said:

Yes, Gear drops and stuff while progressing is just fine!

7 minutes ago, gamer0 said:

ok. i'll start downloading the game by tomorrow morning. hopefully i'll like the game and sink my time making cool memories. thank u everyone!

Good luck on the journey! Welcome back to C:C! If you ever need help in-game, feel free to add me (MsMiia)

2 hours ago, gamer0 said:

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global?

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo....

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it. could someone help me with a video or pictures explaining to me dodging. like there are i frame/combat dodge and etc....

lastly, thank u very much and sorry if my post/questions are long and boring lol.

have a nice day everyone!

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global? No, easier.

2- is the CC alive and active? Yes, it is.

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo.... Yes, you can solo

4-is the market healthy or the prices are sky rocket? It depends on items but most items are relatively cheap. It depends on the seller too.

5- now for the cliche question: is the server not going to be taken down anytime soon? No, it's not.

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it. could someone help me with a video or pictures explaining to me dodging. like there are i frame/combat dodge and etc.... I actually have plenty of videos on how to do bosses and dungeons over at my guide thread: 

have a nice day everyone! No problem, you have a good one as well.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, Chiharu said:

1- is CC hard to progress compared/like global? No, easier.

2- is the CC alive and active? Yes, it is.

3- is it soloable? I'm kinda a big fan of playing solo.... Yes, you can solo

4-is the market healthy or the prices are sky rocket? It depends on items but most items are relatively cheap. It depends on the seller too.

5- now for the cliche question: is the server not going to be taken down anytime soon? No, it's not.

6- also, for boss guide patterns i read that u should observe a pop up icon or something like that on the head of the boss to dodge it. could someone help me with a video or pictures explaining to me dodging. like there are i frame/combat dodge and etc.... I actually have plenty of videos on how to do bosses and dungeons over at my guide thread: 

have a nice day everyone! No problem, you have a good one as well.

sorry for being late. had a busy day. thank u very much i'll read it and if i have any questions, i'll ask u if that's ok with u.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:15 PM, Miia said:

Since Chi's decided to post her guide thread, I'll go ahead and post mine as well just in case you'd ever need assistance:

There ya go :leviahappy:

thank u! so happy for reading good things about this server community!