[OFFICIAL] Custom Challenging Content Ideas and Discussion.

Kali

Which Idea do you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Please read each idea below and think carefully to pick your favorite

• Idea 1
    • Ideas 1+2
    • Idea 3
    • Other

Hello! I'm making this post to share some of the ideas that have been brewing in my head for some interesting custom content that would be challenging to all agents.

I would like to have a discussion with you agents to see which parts of my ideas you like, which parts you dislike, which parts you would change and we can discuss on how to improve the ideas further so we can make something everyone will enjoy for a long time.

DISCLAIMER: Try to keep it within the realm of these ideas when giving feedback or suggestions to these ideas. Not everything may be possible and the ideas must be kept within reason. Also when discussing the potential rewards of said custom content amounts and specific items will not be part of the discussion, but instead will be used more generally as : "rewards useful for everyone/for progression" / "cosmetics" / "prestigious cosmetics".

Idea number 1: A system similar to purification dungeons and the old team challenge content but with other current encounters like: Busan bosses, Centum bosses, Tiamat bosses or any other bosses that would be considered to have good/engaging mechanics. 
They would be scaled for 10 stages where they'd get increasingly difficult with the final stage being incredibly difficult and needing near max gear and skill to beat. The difficulty would lie in the sectors being time limited/ res limited/potion limited. I'll use the Jang Misook Battle program as an example. The time limit would be 3 or 4 minutes and on each stage her health would considerably increase, you would need to beat a stage to unlock the next one similar to purification dungeons. 

Stages 1-4 would reward you with a tier 1 material that would increase the higher the stage with stage 4 giving the maximum of the tier 1 material. This would be used for rewards that are useful for everyone/progression. Stages 5-7 would be a tier 2 material similarly to the tier 1 and would yield the maximum amount of the tier 1 material. This material would be exchanged for some more rare items useful for progression and certain cosmetics. Stages 8-10 would be the tier 3 material and would reward a maximum amount of tier 1 and 2 materials similarly to stage 4 for tier 1 and stage 7 for tier 2. This material would be used for prestigious cosmetic items only.

Suggestions regarding this Idea that i would like to see regarding to: which bosses to use, how to increase their difficulty other than increasing their health or lowering the timer/res count/pot limit, or something else you would change that would fit within the logic of this Idea

Idea number 2: A sector that would not be beatable unless in a group, that would be really challenging. (there's not much to this one, could be included in the first idea as a bonus sector)  

Idea number 3: A system similar to purification again but this time in a logic similar to babel program where there's mob clear sectors that are timed and constantly get harder per stage, and having a boss every 5 stages for a total of 25 stages. Then those stages would repeat again but would be significantly harder. 
Here again there would be tiered mats, for clearing stages 1-25 you would get a mat that can get you generally useful items for progression, and clearing 26-50 would be purely for cosmetics / prestigious cosmetics

For ideas number 1 and 3 they'd be scaled appropriately for any player by being scaled for 8 mill TCP all the way to 45-50 mill TCP towards the end. The specific bosses that would be included in my vision would be something like : Busan bosses, centum bosses, maybe tiamat bosses, since those are in my opinion some of the best ones mechanics-wise. Other than that i would like to know which bosses you would like to see, which Idea you prefer, how would you tweak things on those ideas, or if you have a similar idea that follows a similar logic.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the feedback! 

:harpylove:

• Kali pinned this topic

I hope no. 2 didn't make all players looking for max TCP party to go in XD. 

for number 3 i think it's too grindy, 

And for my opinion about difficulties i think you can increase boss atk speed or movement speed but i don't know if it can break the game or not and I'm not a fan of time limit so... I suggest makes the boss harder rather than lowering the time limit

Edited by raisha0882
Typo

#1 Basically Babel Tower with less steps. Or perhaps Army Raid but mobs are replaced with bosses.

First and foremost time limit is simply bad concept and encourages heavy p2w to overcome it in a dungeon. Players' ability to clear dungeons in this game relies not only on purely mechanical skill but also on gear itself. In fact gear is more important here than one's ability to pilot a character. You want challenging content instead of another  Wargames aka snoozefest DPS race against timer? Make bosses hit super hard with similarly deadly mechanics that require precise perfect dodging, but do not for the love of god make them damage sponges with a goddamn stopwatch. Pot/res limits are fine though.

#2 Just wait for MK raid

#3 Babel with... extra steps?

So, you essentially want to copy/paste it twice and make the dungeon not shit like it is in its current, official form. Seems rather uninspiring imo, but then again it would be an improvement over what Naddic brought.

Building on your idea or giving an example of how I would picture ur idea.

- So if we're talking hell format aka ten stages. Then something along the lines of say starting off with mobs for stage 1-4. Something that's relatively low hp pool for 10mil tcp that 8 mil peeps can clear. Now 5-8 these stages are meant for let's say 20 mil tcp peeps. With the side bosses from tiamat for stage 5,6 then stage 7 be a boss rush of asmo v1 however u can res a limit of 5 times in stage 7. (For the asmo v1 boss rush section no one shot mechanics but a time limit of say 5 minutes that each boss adds 5 minutes until u clear that stage) Stage 8 just be tiamat either from heart or castle. Of course with appropriate hp scaling for those stages. Now stage 9 make it meant for 30 mil peeps with Gina but with a ridiculous amount of hp and make it be a dps check to advance to the final stage. Like make it unkillable but if you reach a threshold of damage expected for 30 mil peeps then you can move on to stage 10. Now Stage 10 make it's hp the amount of MK raid core for starters. This is where the 40 mil plus peeps come in  and the boss let it be omega knight. Now we can have this be a stage with no res cause omega knight's patterns would be the same. Just that u need the dps to clear it and know the patterns. This can also work for number 2 where we do all of this just scale it with the amount of peeps. 2 peeps = 2x scaler, 3 peeps = 3x and 4 peeps = 5x. 

That's just a suggestion of how I would like to see your idea implement. It's a good idea and I would love to see it done properly so there's a consistent challenge even when we go higher in terms of gear and tcp. 

Now rewards can be similar to babel. One time clear reward that's really foken good like if u beat the last stage u get something really useful. Like a +16-17 booster or an elite pet. While consecutive rewards can be stuff like pet cores, origin chips, lucky fuels, t3 plat chips, vaccines, +14 boosters and good things but not stuff that would break the economy. 

Let me know what you think of things like this!

@LunarIceRoseThanks for the response and idea!
Idea number 1 isn't so much like purification hell (all stages in 1 sector) but more so like old team challenge but much wider scaling range within 10 stages. 
Which means that every boss that we choose will have those 1 through 10 stages with increasing difficulty.
In terms of rewards im thinking that only half of the stages would be required for things used towards progression, and the rest would be more so a challenge for people who have grinded the gear to attempt, since there's not much else to use that gear on. 
The time limit would differ, from the top of my head i'd say misook would have 3 minutes time limit, untouchable would have 4, Gina 3 Omega Knight 4 etc 
We of course can't do all good bosses like this, so we should only pick the best ones.

Can't say anything specific for now, I'm just hoping the stage isn't too time consuming, like if the recommended TCP is 5 mil that means I can clear it under 2-3 min with a 5 mil TCP character and a near perfect play. Assuming it's a solo stage.

as for reward is it too much to ask for this custom content to be alternative to the 12 man raid? mats for endgame gears in lesser amount? for solo players like me and/or 1-4 parties instead of 12?

@KaliThanks so much for feedback fast. So if it's like old team challenge that's still a pretty interesting set up.  Newer content/ bosses or more tedious bosses with bigger hp pools at least for me would be easier to set up in this fashion. Rewards you guys can really flesh out the details but something for all set of levels attempting this dungeon. Like some people would try this at 10 mil for extra materials to gear up while top tcp'ers would want bigger or better rewards that they can give alts. Just a thought for food though but I apreciate the attempt for challenging content and will look forward to it!

Edited by LunarIceRose
don't worry about it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Seeing how ideas 1 and 2 are winning the poll, i would now like to ask for feedback regarding which bosses to use for the content.
Please reply to me below saying which bosses you would like to see and why.
Also please give me feedback on how you would make the encounters more interesting and challenging other than increasing HP of the boss.

:harpylove:

Ideas 1 and 2 look very promising. Naddic can't bring themselves to make difficult/limit testing content so it's really nice that we're taking some steps towards that with custom content.
As far as bosses go, some bosses I'd personally like to see are:
-Team Challenge 4 bosses. I remember seeing a boss similar to team challenge Bai in an event a while back, so assuming we have the files for all the team challenge bosses, it'd be very exciting to fight them again. Team challenge Astaroth/Irina/Vitus were some of the most fun content/bosses I've played. Time limit in combination with the at time unique boss mechanics and player skill to adapt and optimize rotations was very fun. This is probably the boss group I'd love to see the most out of any potential boss.

-Misook&Untouchable. They are possibly the most or some of the most iconic bosses in the game's time. Seeing them come back in a scaled-up version so that they don't instantly die would be great.

-Wolfgang&Hoffman. The bosses had some internal issues in the past but purely from a mechanical perspective, they have quite interesting mechanics. Would be nice to see them make a comeback.

-Yod Sea's Block 3 Yod. Similarly to Busan bosses, Yod sea was also a popular sector for players to test their characters strength and try to achieve better times so I think it'd be fitting to see that Yod as endgame difficulty again. 

When it comes to making bosses more difficult aside from increasing their HP goes, an attempt like someone already said, could be increasing their AS/Casting Speed on mechanics. It'd make us need to react a bit faster and needing to adapt to the new speeds of each boss but I'm not sure how that would work out in a practical fighting scenario. Another way could be to take mechanics from one boss and potentially use them for another. Not sure whether devs can code that and some players might find it very annoying. I'm not sure what's the best way to go about this issue. 

Lastly, for rewards... Relatively early stages that the majority of community can clear, should probably give items useful to progression. Even if someone is geared, they could give them to alts or save for future use. Later stages, even though better progression items would be nice, players will complain about not being able to clear said stages so it's probably better if it's something more cosmetic oriented. Custom enhancement glows , rare fonts or name tags could be very nice as rewards. ( Black&White enhancement glow when :pls: )

That's all the feedback I have for now as far as this custom idea goes. 

On this latter portion of my reply, I'd like to touch a bit on feedback other players have given

On 1/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, raisha0882 said:

I hope no. 2 didn't make all players looking for max TCP party to go in XD. 

Seeing how it's supposed to be an extremely difficult dungeon to clear for end-game players, the rewards for it would probably be just some cosmetics. Weaker players wouldn't really be missing out by not clearing it. It'd be fine even if endgame players were only interested in making a squad with other endgame players. 

On 1/13/2022 at 5:22 PM, thesauciestbanana said:

First and foremost time limit is simply bad concept and encourages heavy p2w to overcome it in a dungeon. Players' ability to clear dungeons in this game relies not only on purely mechanical skill but also on gear itself. In fact gear is more important here than one's ability to pilot a character. You want challenging content instead of another  Wargames aka snoozefest DPS race against timer? Make bosses hit super hard with similarly deadly mechanics that require precise perfect dodging, but do not for the love of god make them damage sponges with a goddamn stopwatch. Pot/res limits are fine though.

Time limit and p2w have nothing to do with each other in this case. Sure, someone can speed up the gearing process by paying but that goes for all MMORPGs. There's many f2p players that are very well endgame geared and would definitely be able to clear things like these. It's just a matter of people having time and not being lazy about grinding. If someone doesn't have time to grind, it isn't required by any means to clear the hardest stages of this custom content ( as long as the rewards don't end up being progression materials ). If someone is too lazy to progress then they don't have the right to complain in the first place. MMORPGs are known for being grindy and taking official servers as a comparison, we're living in heaven. 
As far as the time limit concept goes, even though I already stated how it has nothing to do with p2w, I'll go over the concept itself. Currently in the game, there's not a single combat dodge that is difficult. It's just a matter of failing it 1-2 times then you're able to get it. Deadly mechanics mean nothing because they are extremely unbalanced. A character with 10 iframes will destroy a character with 2. The only deadly mechanic the game offers is low Ilvl and it's a good example that suffers from the issue I just mentioned. 
Time limit exists to restrict the groups of people able to clear a sector. It's meant to serve as a talisman for people to not be possibly lazy and have a reason to progress more with the game's gear if they wish to clear the certain dungeon or let newer people know that they aren't ready for that specific sector yet. Without a time-limit, like in many sector a 4m player could go on a 30m dungeon and clear it with barely any damage. That's just silly from a progression perspective. Sitting on a sector with relatively easy mechanics for 1 hour barely doing any damage doesn't sound difficult or fun. It sounds difficult in the sense that you must not get bored. Of course the game will have to rely on the right gear to clear things. It's like saying you're in an MMORPG with classes and you want to be a DPS carry on a lvl 100 dungeon with a level 10 gear set. There's no reason why you should be able to do that. That's what time limit serves. Naddic's code and their current bosses aren't able to bring a challenge by any means when it comes purely to mechanical fights, therefore time limit is there to add a layer of difficulty. If you are expecting Code:Closers staff to code and make their completely own mechanics, I'd imagine that's expecting a bit much.

In fact gear is more important here than one's ability to pilot a character.

Lastly, this would be the case when you're overgeared. But when you're on the roughly actual recommended gear for something, that's not the case by any means. Player skill is super valuable compared to just gear. 

#2 Just wait for MK raid

Actual lastly, MK raid won't be nearly as insane and hard as people are expecting it to be. ( Assuming as always you're not extremely undergeared )

Thanks to all the staff members who are taking part into making this custom content come to life. I'm looking forward to seeing the dungeons if you guys end up going through with these ideas :wgholiday: 

Edited by VioletHime
spelling fix

On 1/13/2022 at 7:22 AM, thesauciestbanana said:

#1 Basically Babel Tower with less steps. Or perhaps Army Raid but mobs are replaced with bosses.

#2 Just wait for MK raid

#3 Babel with... extra steps?

So, you essentially want to copy/paste it twice and make the dungeon not shit like it is in its current, official form. Seems rather uninspiring imo, but then again it would be an improvement over what Naddic brought.

I can understand why you would assume having a time limit is a "bad concept", but in no way does it "encourage heavy p2w". First and foremost, C:C is quite honestly extremely generous with the rewards that are given on top of the Code:Fusion crafts, event crafts, etc. It's no surprise that a lot of the top TCP players in this server don't even have to spend a dime on this game to reach the leaderboards. The biggest factors that contribute to their TCP tend to be time and effort, not how big your wallet is. I can personally attest to that. 

I do agree with you that having better gear does allow for people to clear sectors faster, but it is not the single most important thing. In fact, I've mentioned this before to you in a previous thread where you made a similar comment, but I'll copy paste it here again since you seem to have not understood my point.

"If you haven't noticed already, this server is quite F2P friendly. Not only are there some people at the very top of the leaderboards without having spent a dime on the game, there are people that actually know how to play their characters which contributes heavily to their scores. Yes, whaling can help people achieve a high TCP, but that does not account for their points in war games. We've already seen how capable certain people are compared to the rest just by calculating their TCP/score ratios."

In other words, while gear is definitely an important factor, your ability to pilot your character also makes a huge difference. 
Ex) Violet is well known to be one of the harder characters to play; not just on a basic level, but also on a more advanced level. If I were to compare a Violet with 46mil TCP who did not understand how to pilot her well to a Violet with 44mil TCP who understood her fully, of course the 44mil TCP Violet would blow the 46mil TCP Violet out of the water (and it wouldn't even be close).

I like the idea of having bosses that hit super hard with mechanics that cannot be i-framed, so that characters with few i-frames are not punished unfairly compared to those with an abundance of them. I would absolutely be okay with pot/res limits as well since I believe those would contribute to a harder custom sector. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea #1 seems like it'll be a nice "boss rush" type of content where we can finally revisit old bosses that gave us trouble back in the day, but can be appreciated as well thought out fights. Some examples of this would be:
-Irina
-Wolfgang
-Hoffman
-Misook 
-Untouchable

If these bosses were beefed up to the point where fully geared characters would have to go through their mechanics like old times, then I would love that. I'm sure I missed some other mechanically challenging bosses, but it's been a while since I had to go through those mechanics. You could possibly even make a Nightmare difficulty of this with various character bosses that have been introduced during events via event Hell-difficulty sectors or just include them in the 10 stage line up. 

Since we would want everyone to have a relatively fair chance at getting all of the rewards, I would love to see some sort of system similar to the Babel one where you can obtain a certain amount of tokens (obtainable per stage in various amounts) to craft consumables, cosmetics, etc from the crafting/vending machine. That may be a nice incentive for people to tackle this custom content, much like how people still farm Nightmare Bearland for PNA material. 

Edited by CDawg

• 2 weeks later...

Mechanics wise, personally Beelzebub group have the best one in my opinion.

Say Dermatobia for example, she had quite a lot of oneshots and not really clear sign. Then Syrphid, with absurd amount of patterns and walls that makes her extremely annoying. Despite not having oneshots, Syrphid has quite challenging mechanics. Then Muska, well let's not talk about it

Taking previous suggestions as a consideration, I'd suggest these bosses to be added
- Dermatobia
- Syrphid
- Untouchable
- Lightning Witch Camilla

As for rewards I have absolutely no comment

• Harpy unpinned this topic